1) Rings. Ring for the movies, Ring for the wedding, ring for the lovers. To me, I wasnt a ring lover person. I, to an extend, placed 'ring' as the most dislikable accessory ever. It stuck in between the fingers, at the joints, disrupt movements, tight and contains sweat and water, the smell... Eewww... I remembered me getting my first ring. It was the ring I bought using the money left behind by Ah Ma. It's by Perlini's Silver, had fake diamonds around it, a copy version of the infamous ring of Pitt/Aniston's wedding rings, cost more than 30 bucks and possibly the most expensive accessory I ever bought. Within months, I took it off.
Til the day I watched FH, then I realised the importance of a ring. The significance of it.

But today I heard of someone who actually took off his lover's ring when on lunch date with a group of friends a year back. I'm disappointed with him. Perhaps in the anti-ring past, I will just feel that he's being cheeky and unfaithful. But now, I felt so sorry for the then-girlfriend-now-fiancee. Why is he hiding? How can he remove the ring? After reprimanding during UNO rounds, he seems to be guilty of his act esp now that he's wearing the engagement ring. Good! He should feel it that way. Then I start to wonder if it will happen to me in future. It's pretty scary.

Still, I wouldnt mind a Tiffany anytime.
2) Romeo and Juliet. I didnt expect the usual happy-go-lucky bio bro actually had such a dramatic love problem. And he actually shared his thoughts with me. Dont think his own close colleagues (which include the ring remover as well) know of it too. Perhaps I'm the only girl around who can listen to him. So, bro was in love with pretty nurse. They planned to get married by this year end. But, it was revealed today that their relationship was never approved. He had tattoos and had more earrings than I do. To girl's mum and grandparents, it was a big NO NO. He never get to go out with a meal or anything with the girl's mum. The mum felt that it's shameful that her girl's boyfriend is 'like that'. Then worse, the mum had the status of a young singaporean indian, but the concept of a traditional india indian. "Belong to different class, cannot mix marriage." The mum also set criterias for him in order to get married.
- Removal of tattoos and earrings
Earrings can be done, but not tattoos. The amount of money spent will be like whoa!
- Have savings of at least 30k.
Well, he already intend to stay with his own parents, being the only son. So he had no idea what the 30k is for.
- Stay near the girl's mum house
Which is like asking him to leave his parent's house in the east and go to the west.
- Go visit the mum everyday
Conclusion is to get the daughter cum maid to clean up the place.
- Upgrade (studies/work)
Basically, they wanted a doctor for son in law, not TSO.
- Not staying with his parents
This is perhaps the most lot he cannot conform to.
How? He asked me for advice to change the mum's view other than killing her or kidnap her. I said it's up to her whether she wants to give and take. Seriously, I had no idea. I'm a bad advisor. I told him about story of hwee yin and her cousin-hubby. Then he asked me, "Asked you ah, purpose of story telling?" LOL. Actually, I also dunno why I told him. So I say, "it's to tell you that there's hope/chance and be optimistic about it. Then you go threaten the mum, say that it's that you respect her so you two seek her approval. Or not you two can jolly well just get married." He said to me, "You think this is a movie ah?"
True. His story is already dramatic enough. What else is not.

