counter customizable free hit
Send As SMS
who?
it's me

ahui
loves the sky and the clouds
hates the sunshine and the rain

say what?!
blabber away


when?
long long ago

-March 2005
-April 2005
-June 2005
-July 2005
-August 2005
-September 2005
-October 2005
-November 2005
-December 2005
-January 2006
-February 2006
-March 2006
-April 2006
-May 2006
-June 2006
-July 2006
-August 2006
-September 2006
-October 2006
-November 2006
-December 2006
-January 2007
-February 2007
-March 2007
-April 2007
-May 2007
-June 2007
-July 2007
-August 2007
-September 2007
-October 2007
-November 2007
-December 2007
-January 2008
-February 2008
-March 2008
-April 2008
-May 2008
-June 2008
-July 2008
-August 2008
-September 2008
-October 2008
-November 2008
-December 2008
-January 2009
-February 2009
-March 2009
-April 2009
-May 2009
-June 2009
-July 2009
-August 2009
-September 2009
-October 2009
-November 2009
-December 2009
-January 2010
-February 2010
-July 2010
-November 2010

why?
something to remember

:: 2005-ed ::
:: a new chapter ::
:: advancement of singlish ::
:: chalet salted egg ::
:: cny 06 clearance ::
:: coup de bangkok ::
:: d-day of a toot ::
:: fire! fire! ::
:: forever <3 memory ::
:: food weirdo ::
:: in the morning ::
:: interesting taipei ::
:: itsuka no merry christmas ::
:: it's RAINING ::
:: liquid nitrogen vs. cruelty ::
:: nolstagic rainy day ::
:: pixie and elf ::
:: psychotic me ::
:: romeo, juliet & the ring ::
:: è¾?恶æ??å°¬ ::
:: Taipei '07 ::
:: the day that finally came ::
:: the most accurate horoscope ::
:: dao you long tale ::
:: yee yeeee ::
:: yo, batam, wassup! ::

linkin'
you and me

:: ann ::
:: karen ::
:: ling*2 ::
:: wei*2 ::
:: zanden ::
:: zhoufu ::
:: strawberry D ::

:: celeb babies ::
:: show ::
:: gallery of absurd ::
:: daniel wu ::
:: kennysia ::
:: trent ::

howl?
to the rythmn


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

[ Coup De Bangkok ]

Yo, I'm back yo. Back from the supposedly tensed up situation with lots of ah bing ge, ready to fire their guns and full of tanks on the streets, Capital of Smiley Land. During the 3 - 4 days there, it seems as though nothing had happened. There's only 3 incidents I noticed that might be related to the coup thing.

1) King's photo were everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE. On billboard along the way to/fro airport. On big company's building. On the walls of shops.

2) Yellow top with a unique logo. Everyone is wearing it. Everywhere is selling it from 150 baht to 300 baht. From blue to pink to yellow. From baby tee to big tee to baby polo tee to big polo tee.

3) Soldiers on standby at cross junctions. I didn't get to see the infamous tanks. Only saw a truck. Those used to transport fruits, except that it's decorated on camo print. lol. There's even soldiers sitting down beside the erawan shrine, under a big umbrella shelter, smiling and chit chatting away. Coup? Simi coup.

I took two cabs on both days. The first day, the driver was happily joking about how people took photos with the tanks and soldiers. Gave flowers and drinks to them as well. He even taught us how to speak in Thai on how to request for photo taking. he must be a pro-coupist. The third day, while on the way to Siam Paragon, the cab driver saw soldiers on standby near MBK junction. He pointed to them and said, "Strong man." "Thaksin good. Strong man no good." We laughed bluntly and paid him, got off fast and went into Siam whatever before he say anymore.

Shopping wasnt as crazy as last time. But I still gotten myself 4 tops, 1 jeans, 1 jumper skirt (yeah!), 2 shorts, 3 bras, 6 panties, 1 belt, 2 nose pore packs (I got a salah antenna with nose pore pack these days. ^^"" ) and a lot packs of bling blings. Now my handphone, lappy and nano is blingified. lol. Oh ya, not forgetting the red apple and mac eye liner I got from airport. I think it's the unsatisfaction from the trip that I end up spending at SG DFS. Must buy must buy.

There's my favourite kind of dresses at BKK now. The retro type. Loud prints. High waisted. Puffy sleeves. Victorian look.

BUT

very impractical.

As much as it's only 200 baht at the wholesale Platinum mall, it's just not worth getting it. Hongkie will love it cause it's so 'Sammi'. Whether you love it or not, after one floor of shopping, you'll be giddy from all the shapes and prints. The sizes? Well, Thai people seems to have some body structure problem. The clothings had tight armholes and bustline wasnt that huge either. Length? Not to mention. They are so minute size. It must be their Tom Yum Goong doing the wonder.

Speaking of food. From our favoutire cheap and chic and high class restaurant in Grand Hyatt hotel.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
River prawns with Mango salad

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Namprik. It used to be a delicacy that's easily found in food courts but it doesnt seems so now. The vegetables were used to dip the chilli sauce in the middle. Wonderful.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Crispy noodles. Just unique.

I didnt managed to take any pics for the Cotton fish with mango and the morning glory cause it's gobbled up. All these for 700bahts, if I remember correctly. Food there were as yummy as ever. I lost Milkplus. But no worries. Saya found another goodie. Heads or Tails. Not selling fish. It's the same as MilkPlus, but a lot more efficient and francised. It's avail in Tangs over here as well. But it might cost SGD$2.50 here as compared to the 25baht there. The bread is oh so yummy soft and melts in your mouth. *drools* Then, it's the usual fishball soup noodles. But this time round we found another goodie. Fried pork. It's like port cutlet but they marinate it and deep fried it. With that, they chopped into bite sized portion and served with salted vegies. Yum. What else? Hmm, I saw a deep fried prawn stall on roadside. They fried it on the spot and it looked like the japanese type.

Okay, nothing else, before someones drools on their laptop/keyboard. Maybe the cup noodles I brought back. lol.

So we did shop for local foodstuffs also, and I saw this.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Eve, I almost wanted to bring this back to you. Super huge tub of seaweeds. Confirm dont have iodine or thyroid problem liao. Hyper maybe. lol.

And while going for breakfast on mon morning.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
When direct translation can be a funny cold joke thing. Floor = di ban.

So, while going back home, on the way in the cab, the driver played a chinese cd. It started with Teresa singing Ni Zhe Me Shuo. Then, it had a remixed tune to it. There's an english version background singing to it. "What do you say?..."

That completes my tour to Bkk. Only reached home safe and happily at comfort Changi Airport and the suddenly-so-strict immigrant officer stared at my photo for a while and said my name out in a solemn tone. Like duhz. Simi. I answered, yes? He continued to look and finally scanned it. I've been travelling since I was a teen and this is the first time I was treated like some threat at the CA arrival counter. Not even the time when I went to Aussie after the 911 incident. Toot. When I was leaving SG, the officer asked me to take off my specs. I look so different with my specs on meh? Perhaps its my passport photo. It looked so 28 yrs old. Nonetheless I'm happy today cause the hairdresser auntie said I looked like a poly student. Whee~

It's back to work AND school tomorrow. Sing Sing Song...

stand by u at, 5:56 PM