I remembered that on last monday, I was praying and hoping that it'll rain. The rain will surely cool the hot weather down. It did rain. And a super duper heavy one. The one that caused half of my jeans to be wet within a short 30 mins journey back home. The next day, on NewPaper, there's this article on this Mercs uncle who's car was stuck on the road near to Bedok Res flyover. The flooded water was reaching the car bonnet and he immediately ditched his car and went over to the pavement for safety. Even his car plate number was gone, due to the rushing of the water.
Today I experienced that. Well, almost there. The Quek family almost made it to the headlines tomorrow. Due to rain.

Not Mr. Jeong.

This. But not such a light one.
We were on the way from Bedok, going towards Bedok Res. Then there's jam in front. But soon we realised there's three cars in front and the first one, a cab, was trying to u-turn. And the car on the opposite of the road, facing us, stopped before the traffic light, about a yellow box away. Then we realised there's water rushing down from the slopes beside us and the road is flooding! Now, it wasnt so bad at first as we thought first cab is u-turning. But it stopped u-turning! And the water level is becoming higher! Now, besides the feel of being in some disaster hollywood movie or scary movie like Dark Water, there's the reality thing that the engine can become koyak if the water gets into it. Then we were stuck for about 5 mins as we cant reverse with cars behind and the water continue to rise.

We end up something like this, but with a darker sky.
I looked to my right and saw the water from the other side of the road, flood over, passed the divider and onto our side! Holy shit. Looking at the door side, I can imagine the gush of water rushing into the car if I open the door. Thank goodness, some sensible mankind reversed their car and there's a 'light' behind. A U-turn spot! So we slowly did a reversing. And finally we are out of the disaster. The thought that was to get a high spot to remain. But soon, we are on our way back on TPE to home sweet home Sengkang.
Reaching Sengkang, the sunshine state, unlike Bedok the gloomy state, was so heart relieving. Back home, I felt so safe on 7th storey. So high up. Aaahhhhh~ Now I only hope that tomorrow will be a non-raining day for my driving lesson. *crossed my fingers*

