
Went to watch it yesterday with Eve and Eng Eng. The whole movie/cinema is cold. Cold with the aircon, the winter scenes and the lack of carbohydrate burning in us (hungry!).
The movie was not awesome but great. The movie in a movie plot. The plots among the plot. The chinese music was a-okay, perhaps I've listened to too much fang wen shan's lyrics that their plain lines lyrics sounds weird. Zhou Xun is really a good actress! She deserves an award for this. Takeshi was okay, though I didnt expected the twist towards the end. Jacky Cheung is old already. He needs collagen treatment but his vocal, of course, is incomparable. Ji Jin Hee is a supporting actor that is hard to miss.
Sun Na (Zhou Xun) wanted to forget the past. Or should I say, she dont intend to remember. She forsaken the hardship yet happy times. She wanted to look forward for her own dreams while Jian Dong (TK) remembers the past because he was forsaken. He wanted Sun Na to remember. That seems to be what he wanted. The relationship between Nie Wen (Jacky Cheung) and Sun Na is nothing but making use of each other. They are relunctant to let go because they benefitted each other.
Is there love in this movie? Perhaps. I dont know. It doesnt seems so as all of 3 had their own motives. The movie ended with Sun Na accepting her past, Jian Dong letting go of the past (regretting on taking revenge) and Nie Wen letting go of Sun Na.
And now, for me, I thought I'm having gathering with Hwee Yin and co. today but no, it's tomorrow. Sorry gals, for missing out for the 'Ben & Jerry Buy 1 Get 1 free' deal. =p

