:: Taxi Ah Boy ::
After ah ren told me about her encounter with the weird weird uncle at the late night of Changi Biz Park, I had an encounter with an enthusiastic young taxi driver this morning. Basically, I was late, so catching a cab was the best solution. (though I wouldnt do that on holiday time)
----------
Me (H): "Pasir Ris Drive 1, mxxxdian jc..."
Young Uncle, who looked like he's in his late twenties (YU): "Erm, drive 1 very long eh... which part ah?"
H: "The one near the JC."
YU: "So go out by Elias Road isit?"
H: "No, the first exit... I forgot drive what liao."
YU: "That one drive 4."
H: "I only know its the 1st exit."
YU: "But the (JC) entrance is on the other side..."
H: "Ya, I'm going to another entrance on drive 1."
YU: "Oh... eh, school start liao hor?"
I'm thinking, 'I'm in no mood to talk cock. He must be thinking I'm a student.'
H: "Ya lor. But I'm not schooling"
YU: "No, I mean, school not start at 7.15am meh?"
It's 7.30am then.
I'm a bit irritated and purposedly replied, "No ah! JC starts at 8am."
Actually it all depends. It's either 7.30am or 9.30am.
YU: "But you dont need to reach early eh?"
If you can see my eyes at that moment, it's on fire. 'Trying to be sacarstic isit? I know I'm late!'
H: "I'm not a teaching staff."
But in fact, yes, I have to reach early.
YU: "Oh, but 7.30am (now), half an hour to 8am. Ya lah, provided there's no traffic jam."
'Cheee... nothing.'
YU: "You wore pretty casual ah."
Almost unwilling to reply, I looked out of the window, and then said, "I'm not a teaching staff ah."
YU: "But I thought they have a code of conduct for wear."
Showing the last restraint on my patience, "Well, different department mah..."
----------
What the hell is he trying to do? Hook up a chat? At the wee hours of 7.30am? If I'm not late, why would I take a cab?! Trying to let me admit that I'm late?
Young Boy, learn from a taxi uncle, be attitude and quiet at times. Listening to Glenn Ong on Class 95 is better than trying to be funny.

