:: Dont Cha ::
Dont, I repeat, dont discriminate a sales job unless you have been into it. I loathe people who discriminate sales job. They think it's nothing except standing there waiting for the birds to fly off the trees or a rabbit to hop by. If you think it's like that, WRONG. You're in for a "ignorant" blacklist of mine.
It's more than awaiting sales to come. The paper work of the stocks/staffs? The maintanence of the stores? And the most tough nut to crack, human relationships/mentality. In the 1 year 11 months in sales line, the lessons I had learnt is teamwork, human interaction skills and streetsmartness. Where on earth can you learn that from books, may I ask? I'm not defending the discrimination statement because of the company, but the job. Because of the job, (though I'm not happy with it), I get to know about a bunch of people from a totally different side of mine. For those who think that they are blissfully in their own princes/princesses lives. Take a look and know the others. You might end up learning.
In poly, I've learnt that not everyone receives the same no. of years of studies with you. Half of your classmates are not the same age as you. They have different family background too. This is why I'm a poly activist. Because you are exposed to the outside world and not some pampered kid, prince or princess all the way til uni, and you are already, what, 22-23 years old?!
In OSxIM, I've learnt about marriages, kids, love life, working life, adults, family life, money problems, the many facets of human, sudden obstacles in life... All kinds of life stories. To which, I think it will result in a long list, just for the types of marriages. You named it, I think I knew someone who had it.
Here? Everythings seems to be normal. Very normal. Reaching the point of your life, get married. Work and work and work, coz you are comfortable with it and you dont want to look for another exit.
So? Dont discriminate. Think about it. If there's no salesperson, there wont be anyone who will handle the packaging for your stuff, no one to take that pair of shoes off that mountain high pile of stocks, no one to talk to you when you are bored (applicable to lonely ah peh and auntie), no one for you to show off your high class attitude face, no one to open that favourite shop of yours...
Why am I rambling in the middle of my day? I'm just semi pissed off by a remark of an ignorant took.

