[ The One With The Anesthetic ]
Had my first installment of RCT today. I think I was trembling on the dentist chair. Either the super cold room or I'm dental-phobic.
First the kendrick-lookalike dentist (sadly, no it's not Rain as Ah Ren had said to Ah Eng. In fact I wouldnt want to open my cavities filled mouth to Rainy Boy. Ewww. Okay back to topic.) injected two shots of anesthetic on my gum. The syringe is thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis long. Soon, I feel nothing. Things done afterwhich, I do not know. Cleaning up of the hole I guess. Before covering up with the temporary filling, he uses a syringe full of clear liquid thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis long to shoot at my tooth.
How does the two anesthetic shots feel afterwhich? I thought it's only numbing of the gum. MY GOD! My right upper and lower cheek plus half of my lips are NUMB. I felt as if I just slurp a bowl of tom yum soup, plus a few punches and a serious case of allergic reaction. I pinch my right lips, dont feel a thing. Tried on my left, I wonder if I'm human 2 seconds ago. No wonder the nurse asked me not to eat hot stuffs until the effect is over. I might be treated for scalded throat if I did ordered my porridge. I told mum I felt like a stroke patient. CHOY~ she said.
Not only had I done the RCT, I've done scaling and polishing, along with filling for one of the cavity. Major damage, ouch.
More to come next week. Now the effect is over, the feel is as if I'm having a potential toothache.

