[ Hello, Are You There? ]
It's such a long long day today. Weather is hot, Air circulating is warm, everything is tiring me down. Lethargic and heat-irritated, I wasn't in my best mood. Until I heard the embarassing joke of the day.
See, our phone system at work is like an intercom. One pressed the extension, and 'Doo!' The other line is through. There's no dialing sound and the other party will just hear a 'Doo'. So, the usual thing peeps around will go "Hello? *pause for 2s* Hello?" or "Tan Ah Gao. Tan Ah Gao. *paused* Tan Ah Gao." Our front desk OL will go, "Tan Ah Gao Are You There? Tan Ah Gao Are You There? Tan Ah Gao Are You There? Tan Ah Gao Are You There?" So usually we'll wait for a few seconds before we put down the phone, esp to labs cause the phone is quite far away from the seats.
So, uh, a dorky guy called MCP today. The phone goes 'Doo.' [ Oh ya, MCP will never (note: NEVER) picked up the phone if the other person never addressed anyone or speak out.] So it goes, 'Doo' and mcp was hearing hard on who the other person is. Then he heard a faint singing voice. Feeling weird, he walked towards the phone and realised the other person is singing away in chinese. MCP, controlled his laughing and picked up the phone, "Hello? did you call the wrong person?"
It's so OMG embarassing. While mcp is happily telling me the interesting news, I was laughing and yet think otherwise. "Does he know how the phone system works or not? Sekali he everytime badmouthing people or singing out loud, how?" If I were to see him today, I'll definitely asked him, "Why? So good mood ah? Sing to a phone." LOL.

