[ The Route to BSc ]
Seeing 'CC' left by ahren on the taggy reminded me of his story when he told me last week. He sounded a bit depressed that day when he was talking about his past girlfriends and his wife. He dejectedly said things like, "See, even my wife wanted a person like me." I was like duh, you very jia lat meh. Later on then he told me about his hwaiting story.
He was asking me about my concern of Jie Di Lian. Then I asked him if he is skeptical about it, then I realised he had 2 older girfriends before. Both almost 2-3 years older. Which then brought the topic on how he was more matured than others of his age during JC days. He's a bright student who was accepted into RJ, but his family's financial problem don't allowed him to persue his studies there. Sadly, his mum told him that. I was pretty saddened when I heard that. And during his JC days, he was making 1k a month to help out his family. And even when he made it to Uni, he took up scholarship in order to finish his degree. Now he's finally a teacher earning bucks, providing his family a better life, settling his own family and living in a condo, driving an Alfa Romeo. Good Life hor?
To me, in the past, all these JCians and local U students, I always thought they are pretty middle income family. But I've learnt of a truly struggling student story. This makes me felt very lucky that I'm doing my BSc now, though I would loved to persue Nutrition, which is again, against the market demands. But I'm struggling with my subjects. Help!
So I shared his story with mcp. To which mcp said, "He just bought a watch yesterday, depressed meh? Should be happy what." Then I replied, "Ya, maybe it's because that watch is a freaking 6k. That's why he's depressed."
lol.

