
1.夜的第七章
It sounds like a story telling about a detective, i.e. him, trying to solve the mystery. It reminds me of Yi Fu Zhi Ming, Ni Ling and Zhi Zhang Zhi Shang. The dark glamour feel with the classical tune from the cello, violin etc.
'每個人為不同的理由戴著面具說謊
動機也只有一種名字那叫做欲望'
2.聽媽媽的話
Welcome to sweet old valley in the 1950s. Obviously from the title it's about listening to Mama. Simple piano tune to him telling story to everyone to listen to Mama's words. So everyone, hand swing from side to side and head bop from side to side, '聽媽媽的話 別讓她受傷 想快快長大 才能保護她'. I asked Mama to listen. She asked me twice who sang it. She said why Jay sounded like NQMM, singing so softly. Maybe her impression is still, Kuai Shi Yong Shuang Jie Gun!
Haha...
3.千里之外
Super reminds me of Fa Ru Xue. And I just saw him performing live on MTV. He sang FRX chorus right in the middle of Qian Li Zhi Wai. So yup. Second installment of FRX with Fei Xiao Ge singing about birds and flowers, the mountain and sea.
'我送妳離開 千里之外 妳無聲黑白'
4.本草綱目
The beginning of the song should add in one shoutout, "Yo... Machi is back!" Oops, maybe "Yo! Jay is back!" Very hip hoppish. The MV is whoa. Seeing him dancing is as rare as Rain not dancing. lol. The lyrics is also whoa.
'馬錢子 決明子 蒼耳子 還有蓮子
黃藥子 苦豆子 川楝子 我要面子'
5.退後
(Read 白色風車)
'離開你以後 並沒有 更自由' Does this sound like Part 2 now? This song sounds more like a NQMM song. Hopefully it'll do good for the MV. Cause both Feng and Ge Qian wasnt my favourite until I saw the MVs. And hopefully not like Lan Se Feng Bao. It was my favourite until I saw the MV and now I hate that song cause it reminded me of the blue blue low budget no meaning MV.
6.紅模仿
哎呦, the tune is interesting, the whole musical part only comes during the chorus. The rest is about Jay complaining about people saying he's not improving, not changing. It's just a complain song with a nice spanish tune. '為什麼寫這首歌 我現在還找不到動機' He said so too.
7.心雨
I still can't differentiate this song and 退後. If really wanna compare, I might prefer this than 退後. But there's too much 'ooh!' in it. ^^"""
There's always a lovey dovey song in almost every of his album. Ke Ai Nu Ren, Jian Dan Ai, An Hao, Lang Man Shou Ji... But there isnt really one in this album.
8.白色風車
I like this kind of slow rockish type of song. If Qing Tian had that kind of addction like heroin, I think he injected it in this too. There's speculation that this song is written from Jay to Patty. It sure does seems so esp when the lyrics is penned by him.
'很可惜沒有祝福 當愛妳並不孤獨'
'妳說我若一個人 會比較自由 我不懂妳說什麼 反正不會鬆手'
9.迷迭香
Same sentiments. Dance along.

'妳慵懶的扭動著腰 受不了' Why it sound so corny here? ^^"""
10.菊花台
People always complained that he never pronounced properly in his song... mumbling... dunno what he's singing... I think those people will like this song while all other fans of Jay will find this song so weird. Cause he pronounced so clearly word for word until machiam my chinese teacher singing the song. But he gave himself away during the chorus. Bet he cannot tahan not slurring anymore. lol. It really suits as the OST of a chinese epic movie.
Okay, 8th Aug is here and the album was bought and listened. Next, I'm going to BUY my second album of the year, Rain's debut Jap album, Eternal Rain.


