[ Wiiiiiiiii ]
It's going to be father's day soon and I was thinking I should do a tribute to my dad as he had asked me a typical question that had turned irritating today.
The typical discussion will first go....
1) "Hey, when is ah mei finishing her studies?" or "So, when is Shutian coming back?" or "Oh, Lao Da same as you ah?"... something along that line.
Then the main question,
2) "Then you leh?"
After I replied, then the irritating part came...
3) "Wha, so long ah?", "Then by the time you finish, how old liao?", "How to get boyfriend?", "So old liao ah? Then marriage how?"
Tell me about it on how hatred I had towards that discussion. Today I halted the discussion before it reached 2nd stop. I had heard the above almost 5 times for the past 6 months liao. Tell me how irritating it is.
Yup, that's my dad.
The crouch potato who loved gamble yet won't admit, drank beer with groundnuts, smoked after every meal, repeat his words over and over again, slow in his thinking and understanding and will swear like nobody's business if you step on his tail.
It's corny but I still remember this.
"My job is to send you all to school and for higher education, for every possibilities I can afford."
Maybe ten, twenty years down the road I might fall upon this post, but I'll still remember the 'kid' who wanted to snatch the flight's window seat with me. Gah~

