I loved this version when I first heard it on 50 1st Dates. Remember the last part when Lucy wakes up and saw her hubby and children and they are sailing in the sea? (I think that's the part.) I thought this is sang by some old black man.... nah!
It's sang by Gentle Giant, Israel "Iz" Kamakawiwoʻole. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Kamakawiwo%27ole) Not someone from Israel, He's from 'aloha' Hawaii!
Kamakawiwoʻole was nicknamed "The Gentle Giant" by his admirers. He was described as always cheerful and positive, and he was best known for his love of the land and of the people of Hawaiʻi. Through his consummate ukulele playing and incorporation of other idioms (such as jazz and reggae), Iz remains one of the major influences in Hawaiian music over the last 15 years.
Gentle Giant passed away on June 26 1997, leaving behind this wonderful rendition of Somewhere Over The Rainbow.
P.S. At least this gives me some happiness after a certain sudden representative job being dumped onto my shoulders. phee~ I need (psycho) adjustments.

