
And finally we are done with the report!
Yeah~
Cochlear implant is not my first choice of topic. I had wanted to do catheter for blocked arteries. But since it was a pretty new topic, we decided to do it. In fact, coincidentally I saw a boy with the implant the day we decided on the topic. But now it's a pretty interesting one. The whole implant is making used of a microphone located on the ear and a magnet was placed underneath the scalp so that signals can be transmitted from the outside to the inside. There's no direct hole onto the scalp. Thus the external components can be removed.
Plus, its not an hearing aid. It's a hearing device or aka Bionic Ear.
'Nuff of excerpts from my report.
Coming up next was the powerpoint slides.
And so I was looking up pictures related to cochlear implants.

This little girl took this photo on the day after the surgery. Look how happy she is.

And this guy, making use of his magnetic 'power'. lol.
The beauty of science brings out the beauty of life.
I started this course telling myself no-no to fake organs.
Now I want to do prosthesis. lol.

